- 12in Ooid White Ceramic Platter
- Small Pyramid Crystal Candleholder
- 5in Glazed Ceramic Potter's Bowl
- 5 x 5in Antique Black Glass Vase
- White Lilies in Milk Bottle Vase, Set of 2Regular Price $18.00 Sale $9.99QUICK VIEW
- White Phalaenopsis Orchid in Medicine Bottle, Set of 2Regular Price $18.00 Sale $9.99QUICK VIEW
- Lily of the Valley Bouquet in Milk Bottle Vase, Set of 2Regular Price $18.00 Sale $9.99QUICK VIEW
- Vintage Mercury Glass Hobnail Tea Light Holders
FromRegular Price $18.00 Sale $14.99QUICK VIEW
- White Frost Votive Holde, Set of 4
- Black Nickel Soho Planters With Stand
FromRegular Price $55.00 Sale $45.00QUICK VIEW
- Antique White Lanterns
- Crackled White Ceramic Vase, 5 ½in
- 7in Ceramic Round Cachepot
- 8in Matte Black Round Ceramic Vase
- 6in Nairobi Small Black Nickel VaseRegular Price $16.99 Sale $12.99QUICK VIEW
- 8 1/2in Nairobi Large Black Nickel VaseRegular Price $33.00 Sale $29.99QUICK VIEW
- Nairobi Black Nickel UrnRegular Price $20.00 Sale $16.99QUICK VIEW
- 5in White Ceramic Ripple Pot
Guide to Having a Black & White Themed Wedding
There's a reason why black and white weddings are incredibly popular. Evoking images of checkered marble floors in historical mansions, timeless monochrome photography, and iconic fashion moments, there's something undeniably memorable about this classic color combo.
For a design choice that will never go out of style, you can't go wrong with shades of black and white for your big day. If you're concerned about this palette feeling too boring, never fear. With the right styling, this look is anything but limited. Whether you and your partner desire a minimalist approach or want a soft, vintage vibe, your personality will shine with carefully selected finishes, attire, and decor.
This guide reveals inspirational ideas for planning a black and white wedding to help you perfectly capture your distinct style.
Set the Tone With Black and White Invitations
Wedding invitations provide guests with a sneak peek into your wedding theme. Introduce your black and white soiree with stationery styled to match your big day. Choose a clean black font on crisp white paper, or go bold with silver ink on charcoal stationery for a streamlined, modern look.
Are you thinking about an antique-inspired wedding experience? Ivory invitations with black vintage typography hint at an aesthetic from yesteryear. Professional calligraphy adds a personal touch with handwritten invitations and addressed envelopes. Add art deco elegance with a gold wax seal on a matte black envelope.
Dress to Impress in Black and White Bridal Party Attire
Does thinking about a traditional black and white wedding theme conjure up super-similar images of brides in white gowns and grooms in black tuxedos? Set your bridal party apart with an unexpected take on this color palette.
The trick to nailing a unique look is contrast, so pair your black gown with a creamy white bouquet, or complement your ivory dress with flowers wrapped in a wide black sash with long trailing ribbons. Not just for goth brides, jet-black wedding dresses are a gorgeous choice for this theme. Otherwise, accessorize a white gown with dark lace, black satin gloves, an onyx veil, or a raven-colored sash.
Many grooms wear all white or opt for a secret-agent-worthy black and white tuxedo. Change it up with a dramatic all-black ensemble and richly textured velvet jacket. For the rest of your bridal party, think outside the matchy-matchy-dress box. Check out these alternatives:
- Little black bridesmaid dress: Select a dress length preference and ask your bridesmaids to choose their own black gown in different styles, so everyone feels and looks their best.
- Metallics are the new black: Think outside the black dress for your ladies. Pewter, champagne, silver, and antique gold dresses give a nod to Old Hollywood and timeless beauty.
- Memorable groomsmen attire: While the black and white tuxedo is a classic look for groomsmen, don't be afraid to add personality with dapper bowties or cufflinks. For a casual affair, skip the jackets and have the crew don leather suspenders and patterned socks.
5 Stunning Black and White Wedding Themes
The best event planners know the secret to a successful theme. It's all about decor, details, and consistency. Consider your venue the foundation for the rest of your decoration choices, be it a rustic white barn with exposed beams or an elegant manor with black and white Victorian tiles. Every facet of your day should tie into the theme, from your event location, bridal party attire, ceremony design, reception tables, centerpieces — right down to the dessert table.
Elevate your black and white wedding design with these one-of-a-kind ideas.
1. Great Gatsby Gala in Black and Gold
For an opulent twist to the classic black and white look, use black heavily in the reception decor and layer in a mixture of brushed and shiny golds. Design an illuminated ceiling experience with black and gold lanterns and hanging gold pyramid candleholders. Set up a speakeasy cocktail hour corner with vintage black couches and signature drinks served on swanky metallic trays.
Drape your tables in black linens to set the stage for gold chargers and white plates. Create an opulent tablescape with lighting at different heights using soft black tea light holders with glowy gold interiors, tall gold candelabras, and glass candle hurricanes with black pillar candles. Soften the look with ivory floral arrangements in brass julep cups or onyx cylinder vases.
2. Botanical Black and White Wedding Oasis
For a modern oasis look, tuck a succulent inside a black linen napkin at each place setting. Install a monogram statement piece behind the sweetheart table by mixing plants and succulents within oversized letter planters. Create succulent garden reception tables by filling clear vases with layers of black and white sand or polished black gravel topped by a mixture of echeveria, aeonium, and spikey succulents.
Alternatively, transform your space into an enchanted wood with creamy white linens and moss runners covered in white blossoms. Recite your vows under a lush arch of staghorn fern garland flanked by greenery in black vases on varied-height white pedestals. Immerse your guests in a fairy tale using classic black urns filled with overflowing ferns and tall white branches dripping in candlelight from hanging glass ball votive holders.
3. Industrial Modern Black and White Wedding
Are you walking down the aisle at a warehouse or rooftop? Plan the black and white industrial modern wedding of your dreams with these design ideas. Complement the rustic finishes of a brick, steel, and wood venue with eclectic decor:
- Mix ebony and ivory flowers in pearl and rust and smokey glass bud vases.
- Warm it up with platinum ribbed votive holders, candlelight, and Edison bulb lighting.
- Are you saying "I do" at a brewery? Use hops as an accent flower!
- Set up a vintage black typewriter for guests to type warm wishes.
For a sleek city look that's more modern than industrial, keep it simple. Frame your ceremony space with greenery in elevated black nickel planters and cool gray cement cube planters.
4. Black and White Celestial Celebration
One theme wedding planners are loving to the moon and back right now is the celestial soiree, perfect for moonstruck couples whose love is written in the stars. Adorn the bridal party in moonlit magic with starburst hair combs and dazzling silver dresses. Swap standard table numbers for planetary names or zodiac signs, and captivate your guests with a black and white moon phase seating chart.
Transform your wedding into the night sky with starry string lights and suspended silver starbursts. Bring a full-moon aesthetic to your tables with mercury glass fishbowl vases filled with white peonies or glittered magnolias for extra sparkle. Bathe your tables in the glow of selenite crystal candle votive holders. In lieu of moonrock, scatter calcite geodes and other light-catching natural crystals throughout each tablescape for a truly out-of-this-world experience.
5. Lovebirds Wedding in Black and White
Let your wedding design take flight with a lovebird theme that's sure to impress! Classy white ostrich feathers add whimsy to ivory flower arrangments in tall trumpet vases.
For a springtime soiree, consider the popular all-white wedding theme. Keep the colors light as a feather with lots of creamy whites and natural textures. Tuck bird's nests with white speckled eggs throughout the centerpieces and greenery, and light up the evening using large white birdcages filled with LED lights, branches, and artificial white doves.
Are you looking for a moodier mystical vibe? Perfect for a fall or Halloween wedding, flock your tablescapes with textured black linens, gold birdcages filled with white feather peony and jet-black feather arrangments, and tons of candles in shiny gold candlesticks. Use clear fishing line to suspend lifelike flying white owls overhead for a truly magical experience. Carry this theme to the bridal party with striking spotted guinea wing feathers nestled in floral bouquets and boutonnieres.
Jamali Garden Has Everything You Need to Design the Ultimate Black and White Wedding
Jamali Garden has all of your wholesale wedding decor needs covered for a stunning black and white wedding. We've carefully curated a wide range of on-trend products from every corner of the globe. The products on our website are available in large quantities at wholesale prices for every style, event, and theme.
Shop Jamali Garden's vast collection of black and white theme decor, vases, candle holders, lanterns, and floral supplies to design an unforgettable look for your big day!